i have just finished writing my first google chrome extension. took my half a day overall, few of hours here and there, but compared to firefox the red-tape stuff was much easier.
what i was working on? well, long time ago i have found out that the old school method of cataloging things and then searching them by their location is not very effective, you pay a lot of time on the WRITE side and you pay as well on the READ side, using metaphor from the database world.
the search capability of everything and sublime text projects are far better, just see all the database as one flat list and start filtering it by your search term. so that what i did on my bookmarks, and here is the result:
when clicking the icon, a nice popup will appear, populated with a list of all your bookmarks and their links, whenever you start typing search terms the list will shrink to contain only the relevant bookmarks – neat – any way enjoy.
btw, for references about writing the extension i have use the following pages:
* * *
|v1.8.3||startup speed improvements on favicons|
|v1.8.2||fixed selection bug on v1.8.1|
|v1.8||show full URL as tooltip on hover|
|v1.7.1||show full URL as tooltip on hover|
|v1.7||show sites’ favicons|
|v1.6.1||better visualization on deletion of bookmark|
|v1.6||sort by date, double click to open, tooltip on extension icon|
|v1.5.1||filter bookmarklets (thanks to Darío Macchi), better context menu|
|v1.5||columns can be sorted, revised context menu|
|v1.4||added context menu (right click) with option to delete bookmark|
|v1.3.1||filter groups/folders from the list|
|v1.3||wraps row selection on table edges|
|v1.2||supports multiple search terms (space separated)|
|v1.1||supports manual selection with arrow keys and launching with enter key|
|v1.0.2||few minor fixes|
|v1.0.1||added extension icons|